The Hutchins School Parents’ Association is committed to supporting and representing the parents and carers of the School.
We work together to enhance the Hutchins community and provide meaningful connections between parents, carers, staff and Old Boys. We aim to facilitate and develop relationships that will help to advance and support the mission of The Hutchins School.
We welcome and encourage all parents and carers to actively get involved in our activities through attending events, raising funds and supporting the various projects and programs provided by the Association and the School.
Most importantly we are a supportive and inclusive Association that reflects the diversity of our parents, providing us all with the opportunity to build life-long networks and friendships.
The Hutchins School Parents’ Association aims to:
- Facilitate the flow of information between families and the School
- Provide valuable educational opportunities for parents and carers through Parents’ Association forums, groups and activities
- Create opportunities to build personal supportive networks
- Enhance school equipment and resources through the facilitation of fundraising events
- Offer volunteer opportunities that acknowledge the talents, energy and time of parents and carers
If you are interested in joining the Parents’ Association, becoming a Class Representative or volunteering on an event sub-committee please email us.
Parents are welcome to attend Committee Meetings. If you would like to find out more about our meetings please email the President. Meeting dates for 2018 are:
- 31 January – Minutes
- 28 February – Agenda
- 21 March (AGM followed by a general meeting)
- 15 May
- 21 June
- 26 July
- 22 August
- 20 September
- 17 October
- 13 November
Community Hub Morning Tea dates
Community Hub Morning Tea is from 8.30am – 9.30am. Dates for 2018 are:
- 2 March – S11/S12
- 1 June – Global Classroom
- 7 September – Global Classroom
- 2 November – Global Classroom
The Association is comprised of an Executive, Committee and General Members. The Executive and Committee Members are elected at the Annual General Meeting, held in March every year. In 2017, the following Members were elected:
- TBA (President)
- Anna Yard-Cumming (Vice President)
- Lou Christie (Secretary)
- Sandra Barnes (Treasurer)
- ELC Representative – Naomi Arnold
- Junior School Representative – Kate McIntosh
- Middle School Representative – Amanda Phair
- Senior School Representative – Pam Crawford
- School Fair and Magenta & Blacker – Amanda Phair
- Blokes and Spokes – Lou Christie
- Class Parent Co-ordinator – Jan Glover
- Mother’s and Father’s Day Stalls – Anna Yard-Cumming
General Committee Members
- Melanie O’Brien
- Clair Orlikowski
- Georgia Burbury
- Dayana Baker
Hutchins operates a class representative system where each class from K–12 has a parent representative. The class representative’s role is to facilitate social activities amongst parents/carers, welcome new parents/carers to the School and perform a vital communication link between the Association and the parent/carer community.
Contributions to the School
Each year the Parents’ Association raises funds through key community and social events as well as an annual membership fee. These funds are in turn used to support a variety of projects and programs around the School.
In addition to these key purchases the Association also sponsors the Headmaster Seminar Series. These events feature key note speakers who present on topics of interest to the School community.
Sign in to your parents information portal.
Please email us with your feedback and suggestions.