Thank you for your interest and willingness to contribute some of your own time to help our students and contribute to the rich life of our school. The volunteers at Hutchins contribute in many varied ways and bring a diversity of skills and perspectives to the School.
Who are volunteers at Hutchins?
Volunteers at Hutchins will typically be:
- Members of The Hutchins School Board and its Committees, the Hutchins School Old Boys’ Association (HSOBA) and the Parents’ Association.
- Parents and carers of students of the School who are active within our curricular or co-curricular program.
- All sporting coaches and other individuals involved in the School’s co-curricular program.
- Individuals frequently working in a classroom or Outside School Hours Care.
- Partners and older children of employees who live in our boarding facility, Burbury House.
- Individuals frequently volunteering in any other part of the School.
Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP)
Please ensure you apply for RWVP before registering as a Hutchins volunteer.
Hutchins Volunteer Application
All volunteers will be required to register with the School and provide personal and work information that the School will use to:
- Ensure our volunteer records are current, reliable and reflect the full extent of volunteer work being undertaken at Hutchins.
- Contact a volunteer with important information related to their work at the School.
- Contact a nominated person in the event of medical or other emergencies concerning a volunteer.
- Ensure that we meet our legal obligations under the Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).
Safety and Risk Advisor
Mr Bill Sherwin
(03) 6221 4321