Thank you for your interest and willingness to contribute some of your own time to help our students and contribute to the rich life of our school. The volunteers at Hutchins contribute in many varied ways and bring a diversity of skills and perspectives to our school.
The Hutchins School is committed to the health and safety of all those who learn and work at the School. In 2015 we seek to consolidate two new areas of important practice that go towards the health and safety of volunteers and those they interact with at our school.
Who are volunteers at Hutchins?
Explore our current vacancies
Volunteers at Hutchins will typically be:
- Members of The Hutchins School Board, The Foundation Board, Old Boys and the Parents’ Association.
- All sporting coaches and other individuals involved in the School’s co-curricular program.
- Individuals frequently working in a classroom or Outside School Hours Care.
- Partners and older children of employees who live in our boarding facility, Burbury House.
- Individuals frequently volunteering in any other part of the School.
As a Hutchins volunteer, the steps you need to complete are listed below:
1 Working with Children Registration (WWCR)
Please read a letter from the Headmaster explaining this important new Tasmanian law and how this legislation is being implemented at The Hutchins School for volunteers.
Please ensure you apply for WWCR before completing Step 2. This will apply to most volunteers.
Apply for Working with Children Registration
2 Hutchins Volunteer Registration
As of 1 April 2015, all volunteers will be required to register with the School and provide personal and work information that the School will use to:
- Ensure our volunteer records are current, reliable and reflect the full extent of volunteer work being undertaken at Hutchins.
- Contact a volunteer with important information related to their work at the School.
- Contact a nominated person in the event of medical or other emergency concerning a volunteer.
- Ensure that we meet our legal obligations under the Tasmanian Working with Children Registration (WWCR).
Register as a Hutchins volunteer
3 Hutchins Safety Induction Program
If requested in step 1, please complete the Hutchins Safety Induction Program. This can be completed any time prior to commencement.
Hutchins will reimburse volunteers for the cost of the WWCR. Visit Reception to confirm your Hutchins and WWCR Registrations and claim your reimbursement.
The following Hutchins staff understand and can assist you with information about how the WWCR applies to our school community:
Manager People, Culture and Safety
Mr Darryl White
(03) 6221 4314