International student compliance
The Hutchins School acknowledges that the ESOS Act 2000, the National Code of Practice, the ESOS Regulations 2001 and the student related provisions of the Migration Act 1958 are directed towards protecting the interests of the international education sector in Australia. The Act, regulations and code, in specifying the registration requirements and obligations of higher education providers in Australia, are designed to ensure students receive the tuition and education quality assurance for which they have paid.
The Hutchins School is committed to achieving full compliance with the ESOS legislative requirements. An active compliance observance by all staff supports this commitment across the School. Student administration and systems strive to provide clear and consistent support, advice and reporting to the School community to meet its ESOS obligations and compliance obligations.
The ESOS Act places responsibility on the School not only for its own actions but also for the actions of third parties. Providers are responsible under the Act for the actions of agents and associates and this includes their employees and contracted parties. Hutchins selects carefully the agents who represent the School and continues to provide current materials and information to these agents via regular contact and visits where practicable.
Policies in place under our provider obligations for international students can be found below. We publish these policies to ensure that all agents, families and students are fully informed prior to, during and post enrolment of expectations, rights, responsibilities of students and us as the Provider and also in relation to grievance processes, appeals and our refund policy.
The Hutchins School International Fee schedule and a list of our Agent representatives – country specific to your enquiry should you wish to consider enrolment at The Hutchins School – are available from the International enrolments page on this website.
Enrolment Student Compliance publications
- School Course Progress and Attendance Procedure
- Changes to Registered Providers Ownership or Management
- Complaints and Appeals Procedure
- Complaints and Grievances Policy – International Students
- Completion within Expected Duration
- Course Credit Policy
- Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation Policy
- Guide to ESOS
- Education Agents Policy
- ESOS Framework
- International Students Entry Requirements Policy
- Marketing and Information Practices Policy and Procedure
- Schedule of Academic Breaches
- Schedule of Attendance Breaches
- Student Engagement Before Enrolment Policy and Procedure
- Student Support Services Policy
- Student Transfer Request Policy
- International Student Refund Conditions
- Younger Overseas Students – Students Living Arrangements and Welfare Policy and Procedure