Teacher - Middle School Literacy Support and Humanities
Fixed term (Term 4), part time (0.8 FTE)
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
This is a fixed term position which will commence at the beginning of Term 4 working 0.8 FTE over 5 days and finishing at the end of Term 4. The successful candidate will work closely with the Middle School team (boys in Years 7 and 8) and Student Support. You will have experience in supporting students with learning difficulties and special needs.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Implement outstanding experiences for the teaching and learning of Geography, English and Learning Support.
- Deliver learning support in a flexible and sensitive manner to ensure high levels of individual student engagement and success.
- Advocate for boys with learning needs.
- Use information and communication technology (ICT) strategies to enhance a teaching and learning program.
- Help students thrive as learners and as individuals.
- Be an energetic contributor to a teaching and learning community.
- Be a registered Teacher with the Tasmanian Teachers Registration Board.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the two focus questions which are found in the applicant pack. To view the applicant information pack including the position description, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Friday 16 August 2019. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Mr Ken Kingston, Head of Middle School at email@example.com and on or 03 6221 4235.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).