Teacher in Literacy Support
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
This is a fixed term position which will commence at the beginning of Term 1 working 0.60 FTE over 4 days and finishing at the end of Term 3 in September 2020.
The successful candidate will be working with the Learning Support team to identify and assess students who are experiencing difficulties with learning as well as planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs for these students. You will be based in the Middle School and be a case manager of boys in Years 7 and 8.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have essential knowledge of standardised and diagnostic testing.
- Have knowledge and understanding of NCCD (Nationally Consistent Collection of Data).
- Have the ability to support teachers and boys in the classroom through advocacy and a collaborative approach.
- Be able to nurture and encourage the development of boys’ social and emotional skills.
- Provide support for parents and caregivers and liaise with specialists.
- Use information and communication technology (ICT) strategies to enhance a teaching and learning program.
- Deliver information designed to support teachers in the provision of an appropriately differentiated program.
- Be able to create and maintain Learning Plans for Middle School boys.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the two focus questions which are found in the applicant pack. To view the Applicant Information Pack including the position description, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Friday 15 November 2019. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Ms Cath Hogan, Acting Head of Student Support Services at email@example.com or on 03 6221 4251.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).