Teacher - Senior School Business Studies and Humanities
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
We are seeking a motivated teacher with demonstrated experience and qualifications in teaching Business Studies (primarily) and Humanities in the senior years (9-12). The position is a full-time, fixed term position starting in January 2020 and finishing end of Term 4. You will be based in the Senior School and be a Senior School mentor.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have demonstrated an ability to work responsibility for the effective pastoral care of students
- Work both independently and co-operatively with other staff members
- Be able to develop and implement appropriate teaching strategies to facilitate student learning
- Be familiar with relevant curriculum documentation, e.g. ACARA, Office of the Tasmanian Assessment Standards and Certification (TASC) and the Schools Registration Board of Tasmania (SRB)
- Have a proven ability to relate to boys and understand the value of single-gender education
- Be a qualified teacher, registered to teach or be eligible to teach, within the State of Tasmania
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the two focus questions which are found in the applicant pack. To view the Applicant Information Pack including the position description, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Monday 18 November 2019. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Dr Adam Grover, Head of Humanities and Social Sciences at email@example.com or 03 6221 4242.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).