Teacher – Primary School (fixed term, full time)
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school in Hobart, Tasmania. We are an Anglican school whose supportive learning community works together to nurture humility, kindness, courage and respect.
We are seeking applications from Primary School Teachers for a number of fixed term, full-time positions in 2023.
The successful applicant will have primary school experience and qualifications relevant to the teaching of boys. The position will be based in the Junior School with pastoral care responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified teacher, registered to teach or be eligible to teach, within the state of Tasmania.
- Have the ability to deliver an engaging and highly effective teaching and learning program within an educational setting.
- Have the ability to develop and implement appropriate teaching strategies to facilitate student learning.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for the effective pastoral care of students.
- Have the ability to work both independently and co-operatively with other staff members.
- Be familiar with relevant curriculum documentation, e.g. ACARA and The Australian Curriculum.
- Have a proven ability to relate to boys of all ages and understand the value of single-gender education.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years and we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the selection criteria found in the Applicant Information Pack. To view the Applicant Information Pack (including the position description), please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready please submit a cover letter with your resume via our advertisement on SEEK under the title of Teacher – Primary School. Applications close 9.00am Friday 14 October 2023. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Human Resources at HumanResources@hutchins.tas.edu.au.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).