Teacher – English
Term 3, with the potential to be extended
Fixed Term/Full time
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school in Hobart, Tasmania. We are an Anglican school whose supportive learning community works together to nurture character of boys.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced teacher to join our English and Modern Languages Faculty.
The position is available from the beginning of Term 3, 2022 through to the end of Term 4, 2022 and possibly beyond.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have previous experience and qualifications in teaching English to Secondary School students;
- work both independently and co-operatively with other staff members;
- demonstrate experience using a variety of relevant ICT hardware and software;
- actively support the values of the School and Code of Conduct;
- genuinely support our teachers to meet the learning needs of students; and
- communicate effectively with a wide range of people including students of all ages and academic levels.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations or hold a valid medical exemption and obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
Our value to you
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 175 years and we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
Applicant information and applying online
To view the Applicant Information Pack including the position description, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please submit a cover letter with your resume via our advertisement on SEEK under the title of Teacehr - English. For further information, please contact the Human Resources Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).