Years 7 and 8 Science Relief Teacher (immediate start) and Ongoing Relief Teachers
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified teacher, registered to teach or be eligible to teach, within the State of Tasmania.
- Have the ability to deliver an engaging and highly effective teaching and learning program within an educational setting.
- Have the ability to develop and implement appropriate teaching strategies to facilitate student learning.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for the effective pastoral care of students.
- Have the ability to work both independently and cooperatively with other staff members.
- Be familiar with relevant curriculum documentation e.g. ACARA, Office of the Tasmanian Assessment Standards and Certification (TASC) and the Schools Registration Board of Tasmania (SRB).
Have a proven ability to relate to boys and understand the value of single-gender education.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
Applicant information and applying online
Send your CV, along with a cover letter, outlining what subjects and year level you can teach to employment firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).