Australian Council of Educational Leaders Tasmania Division Awards
On Friday 7 November, two Hutchins staff received awards at the annual Australian Council of Educational Leaders (ACEL) Tasmania Division awards evening held in Launceston.
Dr Adam James received the Growing in Leadership – Emerging Leader Award. This award is for teachers who are in the early stages of their career, with recognition for their excellent contribution to education in Tasmania. The essential criteria for this award are:
- Exemplary teaching practice
- A contribution to leading the professional learning of others
- Building purposeful internal and external relationships
Dr James’ work in his Senior School Science classes and in particular his work on the flipped classroom has been outstanding.
Dr Jill Abell received the highly decorated ACEL Fellowship. This award recognises Tasmanian educational leaders who have made a broad contribution to the improvement of student and organisational outcomes at the local level and beyond and have contributed significantly to the work and vision of ACEL.
The essential criteria for this award are:
- A demonstrated high level of commitment to achieving improved educational outcomes.
- A significant contribution to the professional learning of others.
- High level leadership capabilities including inspiring, influencing and creatively implementing change.
- A significant contribution to the practice and/or theory of educational leadership within their workplace and at system, state and/or national, level.
- Contributions to ACEL.
Dr Abell’s commitment to improved educational outcomes at a state, national and global level is inspiring. Her selfless dedication to every role she undertakes, always putting others first, in particular staff and students has always been central to her career. Jill is an educational leader of the highest order. Education in Tasmania is indebted to the work of Dr Jill Abell and through this ACEL Fellow, recognise an outstanding career.
The awards we announced by our Director of Staff Performance, Wayne Brown who is a member of the ACEL Tasmania Executive. Congratulations to our two worthy recipients.