The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school in Hobart, Tasmania, with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. We are an Anglican school whose supportive learning community works together to nurture character of boys.
The School seeks to appoint a Matron to provide supervision, care and guidance to both day and boarding students of all ages. The Matron will be highly organised, possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and exceptional administrative skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide a first aid service to all students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12, including both day and boarding students, and employees.
- Co-ordinate annual student and staff immunisation programs.
- Assist the Safety, Health and Risk Manager in co-ordinating all aspects of first aid management at the School. Audit and maintain a register of all school first aid kits and equipment.
- Care of all boarders, including medication plans, liaising with general practitioners and other allied professionals, and transporting and accompanying boarders to medical appointments when required.
- Maintain student health records.
- Liaise with parents/carers, teachers, and school counsellors when necessary
This role is permanent full time, term time only starting in 2021.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years and we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the two focus questions which are found in the applicant pack. To view the Applicant Information Pack including the position description, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Wednesday 2 December 2020. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Mr Jason Reeves, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 6221 4200.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).