Director of Advancement
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an internationally accredited Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school in Hobart, Tasmania with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys.
Reporting directly to the Headmaster, the role of Director of Advancement is significant within the School and has a strong focus on philanthropy and leading engagement activities to achieve the goals outlined in the School’s Strategic Plan 2016–2020.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced professional with proven leadership in the field of advancement, particularly leading growth and change in an educational environment, or similar. To be successful in this role, you will need a sound understanding of the philanthropic landscape with exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to network, engage and motivate.
To be considered for this role candidates will need to meet the following selection criteria and address each of these in their application:
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate effective and enduring relationships within a school community.
- Record of achieving outstanding short and long-term results in fundraising and donor relations.
- Proficiency in a range of IT skills including the use of relationship databases designed for fundraising and alumni programs.
- Capacity to meet significant project deadlines and campaign targets.
- Well rounded communication skills that demonstrate an ability to prepare briefing material, project updates and marketing materials for donors and Campaign Committee members
- A sound ability to act and work using judgment, discretion and initiative to ensure confidentiality and identification of potential conflicts of interest.
- Relevant qualifications in fundraising and donor relations.
- Demonstrated engagement and fundraising experience within the Australian education sector.
- Current Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA) and Educate Plus membership and ability to adhere to the relevant principles and standards of FIA.
- An understanding of the history and values of The Hutchins School.
Your application for this role must include a response to each of the selection criteria above. This position requires two documents to be uploaded – your resume and your response to the selection criteria. Please save both documents as a PDF. If you wish to include a cover letter, please make it a part of the resume document and ensure that your cover letter is no longer than a single page.
Please include at least two professional referees.
The position is being offered as a 12 month contract.
Submit your application online (below) by 4.00pm Friday 23 March 2018.
Those candidates whose written applications clearly address the selection criteria will be further considered in our selection process.
For a discussion about the role please contact Dr Rob McEwan, Headmaster, on 03 6221 4223.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).