Deputy Head of Junior School - Pastoral and Administration
Full time, Permanent
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the role of Deputy Head of Junior School - Pastoral and Administration commencing in January 2020. In this role you will manage the wellbeing and care of students from Prep to Year 6 and nurture positive relationships between students, teachers and parents/carers. In addition, you will manage variations to routine and relief for absent staff, as well as developing the Early Learning Centre and Junior School timetable.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in managing an academic, pastoral or other significant program in a relevant education setting.
- Have experience in identifying and executing continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
- Be able to define challenges, clearly seek positive solutions, in collaboration with others and as an individual.
- Be able to communicate, negotiate, collaborate and build partnerships effectively while relating to the whole school community.
- Be able to demonstrate or proven experience in developing and leading a high performing team.
- Be a registered teacher with the Tasmanian Teachers Registration Board.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the two focus questions which are found in the applicant pack. To view the Applicant Information Pack including the position description, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Monday 23 September 2019. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Mr Stephen Coventry, Head of Junior School (2020) at email@example.com or 03 6221 4220.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).