Career Education and Vocational Learning Officer
Permanent, Full time
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
An exciting opportunity is available for a person who is passionate about vocational learning and career education, and pathways for our boys. This role will allow you to assist students and their carers better understand their potential and suitability for their chosen career paths.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have the ability to identify and promote vocational learning opportunities for inclusion in a curriculum of a comparable education institution;
- have recent experience working with industry and industry contacts;
- have a vocational education teaching background in one or more vocational areas and an understanding of MOU and contract negotiations with Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s);
- be a registered teacher with the Tasmanian Teachers Registration Board;
- have a proven ability to develop effective career transition plans for students; and
- hold a current membership to relevant professional body such as the Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) or Career Education Association of Victoria (CEAV).
You will be highly motivated, possess outstanding interpersonal skills and have exceptional organisational skills. You will have the ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with the wide range of people including, students, parents, colleagues and members of the School community.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for over 170 years is a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmanian Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP), evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the two focus questions which are found in the Applicant Information Pack.
To view the Applicant Information Pack including the position description, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Monday 27 May 2019. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Mr Richard Davies, Deputy Headmaster, email@example.com or 03 6221 4270.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).