The Hutchins School Parents' Association is committed to supporting and representing the parents and carers of the School.
We work together to enhance the Hutchins community and provide meaningful connections between parents, carers, staff and Old Boys. We aim to facilitate and develop relationships that will help to advance and support the mission of The Hutchins School.
We welcome and encourage all parents and carers to actively get involved in our activities through attending events, raising funds and supporting the various projects and programs provided by the Association and the School.
Most importantly we are a supportive and inclusive Association that reflects the diversity of our parents, providing us all with the opportunity to build life-long networks and friendships.
The Hutchins School Parents' Association aims to:
- Facilitate the flow of information between families and the School
- Provide valuable educational opportunities for parents and carers through Parents' Association forums, groups and activities
- Create opportunities to build personal supportive networks
- Enhance school equipment and resources through the facilitation of fundraising events
- Offer volunteer opportunities that acknowledge the talents, energy and time of parents and carers
If you are interested in joining the Parents' Association, becoming a Class Representative or volunteering on an event sub-committee please email us.
The Association is comprised of an Executive, Committee and General Members. The Executive and Committee Members are elected at the Annual General Meeting, held in March every year. In 2013, the following Members were elected:
- Megan Killion-Richardson (President)
- Cathi Burnett-Cosgrove (Vice President)
- Herbert Moll (Treasurer)
- Belinda Denehey
- Cheryl Johnston
- Judy Smith
- Melita Griffin
Hutchins operates a Class Representative system where each class from K-12 has a parent representative. The Class Representative's role is to facilitate social activities amongst parents, welcome new parents to the School and perform a vital communication link between the Association and the parent community.
Contributions to the School
Each year the Parents' Association raises funds through key community and social events as well as an annual membership fee. These funds are in turn used to support a variety of projects and programs around the School. In recent years these projects have included supporting driver education, rebuilding the Senior School Quad and providing music and audio equipment.
In 2012 the Association was pleased to purchase the following equipment for the School:
- iPads @ 5 per year level (20 in total) - Years 3 to 6 - $10,876
- Play is the Way - Resources for Bounceback Program - ELC and Junior School - $748
- Mobile Smart Board (x2) - Middle School - $16,000
- The Hutchins School Marquee - Whole School - $6,852
- String Instruments (Music Faculty) - Years 4 to 12 - $6,000
- Vibraphone (Music Faculty) - Whole School - $3,000
- Emergency Communication System (Outdoor Education) - Whole School - $2,700
- Writing Phones - ELC - $240
- Replacement Play Equipment - ELC - $25,000
TOTAL - $71,416
In addition to these key purchases the Association also sponsors the Headmaster's Seminar Series. These events feature key note speakers who present topic of interest to the School community.
Friday 28 March
4.00 pm The Hutchins Senior School Quad
Like our official Hutchins Facebook page to keep up-to-date with what is happening in the School community.
We would love to hear feedback and suggestions from parents. Please email us.