Hutchins offers a varied program of career-focused activities designed to assist senior students develop the tools and life-skills they need to effectively plan and implement their successful transition to life after Hutchins - whether that be travel, further study or employment and training.
Students are encouraged to participate in activities that will assist them develop a customised career action plan that will support their on-going career development decision-making.
The Careers services that are available for students from Years 9-12 include:
- Individual Course Counselling
- Opportunity to participate in "Taster Programs" (industry-specific career programs)
- Personal consultations for both parents and students regarding career and course decisions
- Access to up-to-date, relevant career and course information
- Optional work experience placements in Years 10-12
- Tax File Numbers
- Vocational Assessment Tests - The Morrisby Profile
- Support and assistance with accessing school-based traineeships
- Access to a range of Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses in Years 11/12
- Resume, Applications and Job Interview guidance
- Transition and Pathway Planning
Our Careers blog Blogging In The Career-o-sphere contains posts on all current career events.
Contact from parents, Old Boys and others interested in establishing co-operative partnerships to help achieve this is welcomed by Sheree Malarski, Careers Counsellor on 03 6221 4271.