The Faculty of Student Support Services operates from the John Bednall Centre for Learning Support. The staff of the Centre develop and implement a wide range of educational support programs that recognise the different learning needs of boys across all year levels of the School. This includes learning support, consolidation, gifted and talent programs, enrichment and extension. All formal assessment activities, including NAPLAN, are coordinated through the Centre. Regular academic assessments for all boys from Prep to Year 7, ensures that all classroom teachers and Centre staff are provided with evidence of progress.
In order to achieve the best possible educational outcomes for students across the learning spectrum the Centre provides:
- Subject support in small groups or individual study options.
- Nurture and encouragement of the development of boys' social and emotional skills
- Support students and teachers in the classroom
- Support parents and liaise with specialists
- Information designed to allow teachers to provide an appropriate differentiated program.