The Hutchins Foundation Ltd is the major fund-raising section of The Hutchins School. It is a company limited by guarantee and does not have a share capital. Its charter is to assist the School Board of Management in preserving and developing the standards and facilities of the School.
Some of the objectives for which the Foundation was established include:
- To provide financial assistance for the employment of teaching staff with specialised skills
- To provide financial assistance for educational research projects and visits from overseas academic specialists
- To provide scholarships and bursaries
- To provide financial assistance for the school to acquire library books, works of art and educational plant and equipment of all kinds
- To attract and encourage bequests and legacies and all forms of deferred giving
The Foundation conducts an annual giving program with tax deductible donations invited for Buildings, Library Resources or Scholarships.
For further information on The Hutchins Foundation or on the possibility of making a bequest to the School, please contact the Director of Development on (03) 6221 4200 or John.Devine@hutchins.tas.edu.au