Employee Benefit List
The Hutchins School offers eligible employees a range of employee benefits in addition to a safe, harmonious and engaging workplace.
- Use of school facilities including library resources, tennis, bbq.
- Access to extensive library resources including ebooks via OverDrive.
- A place in after-school care for your child (40% discounted fee) for eligible employees.
- Free childcare to support employee attendance at defined professional development activities.
- Paid parental leave of 9 weeks or 5 days for eligible female and male (respectively) employees.
Your Health and Wellbeing
- Bicycle User Group.
- Boot Camp.
- Free flu vaccinations.
- Cold weather clothing provided when role-appropriate.
- Qualified and experienced counsellor available for employee use.
- Discounted membership for St Michael Collegiate (sister school) swimming facilities.
- Discounted membership for Hobart Aquatic Centre swimming facilities.
- Discounted massage services provided by Sandy Bay Massage Centre.
You as a professional
- Training provided such as first aid.
- A learning and development budget for further professional development.
- Professional teacher support provided through Scope and Sequence Program.
- Access to professional journals provided.
- Leave Without Pay available.
- Reduced school fees for Hutchins (40%) and sister schools (25%) for eligible employees.
- Salary sacrifice program for school fees, superannuation and laptops.
- Employer superannuation contribution at 10%.
- Superannuation and financial seminars.
- Financial reward for co-curricular activities.
Social and Community
- Vibrant and welcoming building and facility infrastructure.
- Fortnightly lunch gathering for all employees in our boarding house facility.
- Formal dinner for all staff and partners to celebrate the commencement of each school year.
- End of school year activities / function for all employees.