Primary School Teacher
1 x Permanent, Full Time
1 x Fixed Term, Full Time
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
We are seeking two dedicated and enthusiastic Primary School Teachers to join our vibrant team at Hutchins in 2020. One position is fixed term, full time for a period of 12 months. The other position is permanent, full time. Both these roles start in January 2020.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified teacher, registered to teach or be eligible to teach, within the State of Tasmania.
- Have the ability to deliver an engaging and highly effective teaching and learning program within an educational setting.
- Have the ability to develop and implement appropriate teaching strategies to facilitate student learning.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for the effective pastoral care of students.
- Have the ability to work both independently and co-operatively with other staff members.
- Have a proven ability to relate to boys of all ages and understand the value of single-gender education.
The Hutchins School has been educating boys for 170 years we are a leading school for boys. We are a school of high standards, impeccable reputation and strong traditions.
It is a strict requirement of our school that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmania's Department of Justice Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
Applicants must provide a response to the selection criteria which is found in the applicant pack. To view the applicant information pack, please download it by clicking the button below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Friday 13 September 2019. For a confidential discussion regarding the role please contact Mr Stephen Coventry, Head of Junior School (2020) at email@example.com or 03 6221 4220.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).