Head of Junior School
Permanent, Full time
The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. The Hutchins School seeks to provide an inspirational education where each boy strives to achieve his personal best.
An exciting opportunity is available for an inspirational leader and outstanding educator to join our Junior School team in 2020. As the Head of Junior School, you will have a strong commitment to boys’ education and ensure quality teaching and learning is a focus of all staff and students. This is an exciting time at The Hutchins School as we re-structure the Junior School. We welcome applications from candidates who seek a challenging and rewarding work environment with ability to successfully navigate and lead change.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Lead the Junior School Staff, students and engage families effectively in the delivery of high-quality educational outcomes for boys.
- Have extensive knowledge of the National Quality Standards, Early Years Learning Framework and the Australian Curriculum.
- Have experience in identifying and executing continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
- Be able to develop and foster strong relationships with families and their children.
- Be a positive role model for boys, the Junior School team and broader community.
- Have demonstrated experience in developing and leading a high performing team.
- Be a registered teacher with the Tasmanian Teachers Registration Board.
It is a strict requirement of The Hutchins School that all staff obtain and maintain a Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP), evidence of which must be provided prior to commencement.
All staff are required to support the School’s Christian education programs according to the practices of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Applicant information and applying online
To view the position information, including selection criteria and the position description please download the Applicant Information Pack by clicking the link below. Once you are ready to apply, please click the ‘Apply online’ button. Applications close 9.00am Wednesday 17 July 2019. For further information please contact the Acting Executive Assistant to the Headmaster, Ms Sarah Moss, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6221 4223
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).